Credit-Check Privacy & Confidentiality Policy
This policy applies to all private and confidential information gathered by Credit-Check about its clients, their customers or patients. This policy must be adhered to by all Credit-Check employees and vendors that receive, maintain, or transmit such information.
Credit-Check is committed to protecting all private and confidential information we gather using appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards in order to ensure the Security, Privacy, Confidentiality, Availability, and Processing Integrity surrounding the use or such information.
Confidentiality applies to the relationship of confidence. Confidentiality ensures that information is accessible only to those authorized to have access, and is protected throughout its lifecycle. Confidential information is not available in the public domain.
Credit-Check provides services to many different clients who provide various information which pertains to their business relationship with you. Healthcare providers may share Protected Health Information (PHI). Non-medical providers may share Personally Identifiable Information (PII) about you. Both types of information are subject to this policy.
WHAT PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY CREDIT-CHECK?
In the course of our providing of debt collection services for our clients, we collect various private and confidential information including but not limited to:
- Examples of Private Information (PII /PHI)
- Home or email address
- Identification information such as date of birth, social security number, drivers license number, etc.
- Employment or professional designation
- Consumer purchase information
- Information on medical or health conditions or insurance policy information
- Financial information or credit reports and scores, account balances or payment histories
- Information related to offenses or criminal convictions or public information
- Information is collected from vendors and clients.
- Examples of Confidential Information
- Transaction details and business reports
- Business plans
- Banking information about businesses
- Legal documents, contracts or agreements
- Proprietary information and processes
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION?
We will not sell, rent, or lease any private or confidential data to others, and we will not make your information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To agents, vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf for the purpose of lawful debt collection activities
- As required by law
- If expressly consented to by the data subject
HOW IS THE INFORMATION DISPOSED OF?
Disposal of Paper Containing PII or PHI:
Each work station is equipped with two separate garbage bins. The first bin is labeled in white “GARBAGE ONLY NO SHREDDED MATERIAL HERE”. The second bin containing PII & PHI is labeled in green which state “ONLY ITEMS TO BE *****SHREDDED***** HERE PLEASE” to avoid any confusion. These work station PII & PHI identified bins are emptied weekly into a large, locked temporary storage bin. Great care is taken that every piece of paper be accounted for. That storage bin is picked up monthly and emptied on-site, to guaranty security, into a vehicle that contains an on-board shredder which destroys the data prior to the vehicle leaving our location.
Disposal of Hard Media Containing PII:
All hard media will be disposed of in strict accordance with our Media Disposal Policy.
ENFORCEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
- Should Credit-Check become aware of non-compliance with this policy on the part of any employee, that employee will be subject to disciplinary measures up to and including termination.
- Should Credit-Check become aware of non-compliance with this policy on the part of any vendor, that vendor relationship will be terminated.
HOW WILL CLIENT AND VENDORS BE NOTIFIED OF CHANGES BY THIS POLICY?
Clients and vendors will be notified of changes to this policy by phone, email, in person or U.S. postal mail.
Credit-Check has prepared this policy to keep you informed. You may view a copy by visiting our website at https://www.creditcheckup.com. If you have any additional questions or concerns about privacy or confidentiality, we invite you to contact us by phone and we will address your concerns to the best of our ability.
Policy Effective Date: December 11, 2017